Google Sites: An Introduction
Our objective is to research and evaluate Google's free web design software, Google Sites.
In Google Drive, create a new Google document in your Web Design folder. Type in a standard MLA page heading. Title the document Google Sites: An Introduction. Create two bulleted lists, and type in five reasons under each heading based on your research. Mention the website where you got the information, and clearly state their point of view in your own words. Avoid one or two word responses. Site the websites where you found your information using the Google Documents research tool (Tools<Research or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I) When you have completed your work, *submit your research through Google Classroom.
- Five reasons why Google Sites is worth learning:
- Five reasons why learning Google Sites is a waste of time:
Use any web resources you wish in your research. Here are a few websites to get you started:
- Google Sites Review
- The author gives Google Sites 2 out of 5 stars. As such, this web page gives a clear explanation about what people don't like about Google Sites.
- Weebly Vs. Google Sites: Which is best?
- By comparing Google Sites to Weebly (another template-based web design tool), the author gives a clear sense of Google Site's strengths and weaknesses.
- Why I love Google Sites
- This site (clearly created by a fan) was created in Google Sites, and contains links to help you build your first Google Site.
- Why Use Google Sites?
- The author presents a compelling list of reasons why Google Sites is worth using. Included is a link to a Google Sites Gallery. Click on the link, and you will get a sense of what kind of sites you can create using Google Sites.
Q:* Is sharing the document with you the same as submitting the document through Google Classroom?
A: They are quite different. For this assignment, you need to submit the document through Google Classroom. If you are not sure how to do this, ask me in class and I will guide you through the process.
Q: Do we have to double space since we are using MLA format?
A: No, for a digital document, single spacing is preferred.
Q: Will you tell us if you think Google Sites is worth learning?
A:Yes, I will. But I would rather not comment in advance- I want you to draw your own conclusions. Please ask me again after everyone has submitted their research.
Q: Since it's a list, is it okay to just give one or two word answers?
A: No. Take another look at the directions- they call for complete sentences.