Tutorial: Resizing an image to 300 pixels by 300 pixels in Photoshop
These instructions will work only if your original image is square. These instructions will only work if your computer has already been configured with Photoshop as the default image editor for Dreamweaver. Please see Mr. O'Connell for instructions if you need assistance with this.
- Double click the image file to open it in Photoshop
- In the Image menu, choose image size
- Make sure Resample Image, Constrain Proportions, and Scale Styles are all checked (see example below). Resist the urge to uncheck these checkboxes.
- If necessary, change the Resolution to 72
- Change either the height or width to 300 pixels (they will both change to 300 in any case because the proportions are constrained)
- Click Okay
- Click the File menu, and choose Save As
- If necessary, change the Format dropdown menu to .jpg
- Rename the image to reflect the new size (this will prevent you from saving over the original image)
- rollerskate_1_600x600 would become rollerskate_1_300x300
- Navigate to your image folder, or wherever else you are saving the image.
- Click save
- Click okay on the jpeg options dialog box (the defaults should be fine).
- You're done